“Understanding waste in construction is an international initiative to enhance research on waste in the construction industry.
The initiative was launched in 2011 by a group of researchers and professionals whose ambition was to increase the understanding of waste in construction processes.
The group has since gathered once or twice a year to share thoughts, ideas and ongoing research on waste in construction.
The workshops organized within the group are open for everyone to participate.
The group has published several journal articles and a number of papers on waste for the past few years.
The group is now working on a book on waste in construction.
About the waste group
The waste group is a group of researchers and professionals sharing a scientific interest for waste in construction.
The waste group is represented by the following persons and institutions:
- Lauri Koskela, Professor at the University of Huddersfield, UK
- Carlos Formoso, Professor at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Bo Terje Kalsaas, Professor at the University of Agder, Norway
- Rafael Sacks, Associate Professor at Technion Institute of Technology, Israel
- Trond Bølviken, Director of Strategy, Improvement, HR and Safety in Veidekke, Norway
- Sigmund Aslesen, Development Manager in Veidekke, Norway